By Union Nwosu
Want to change your relationship status? The first step is to know why you can’t seem to find love.
You’ve read all the magazines and the top dating tips, but at the end of the day, you haven’t found the answers to why you’re still single.
Here are 5 reasons why that might be;
1. Your love life is not your top priority. You think about dating here and there, but you are not going out on dates regularly. You spend time thinking about work, going to gym, you say you’re busy, but really you’re not prioritizing this part of your life. If you met an amazing guy today you would spend hours, maybe even days with him so why not put some of this time into finding him?
2. You don’t believe you deserve to give and receive love. You think the only people who deserve love have already found it. You think to yourself, “Oh, she’s so pretty and nice she deserves a great guy.” But so do you! You just have to believe it and know what you have to offer. There is someone out there looking for the exact qualities you have, you just don’t know how to show them off.
3. You’re looking for qualities in a man instead of qualities of the relationship. Stop making a never-ending list of qualities to look for in a guy. What’s important is the relationship. Think of what you want in a relationship or with your partner, not just the qualities of that person
4. You have the wrong expectations. You’ve created a picture in your mind of what dating ”should be.” Maybe you thought this was productive, like goal setting, but really you’re only limiting yourself to what is out there. You are setting yourself up for disappointment by creating these expectations in the first place.
5. You aren’t setting yourself up for the best possible relationship. Get out there! If you like an athletic guy, go to the gym; if you like a guy who reads, join a book club. Knowing who you’re looking for is crucial for changing this. Finding the right guy is more important than just meeting anyone.