Akabuike told newsmen in Awka on Thursday that the disease could be contacted through the preparation of the bush meats.
“However, no case of Ebola has been recorded in the state but those eating bush meat should stop taken it for now until further notice,’’ he said.
According to him, from investigations so far, there is no trace of Ebola virus in the state and the Federal Government has given the state a clean bill.
“Anambra has been given a clean bill. There is no Ebola in the state and we are taken the necessary measure not to allow it in the state,’’ he said.
He said the ministry had investigated the alarm raised in some parts of the state about the virus, adding that the alarm was false.
Akabuike said the state government had established four isolation centres at the General Hospitals, in Amaku, Ekwulobia, Onitsha and Osamara.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-virus-anambra-govt-warns-eating-bush-meats/#sthash.VC1UuLpo.dpuf